HR Monsun 31 Windlass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 11, 2008
Hallberg Rassy Monsun Leland
I would like purchase and installation ideas for installing a windlass on a 1974 HR Monsun 31. Thanks.

J

J. Antonio Fuster

Easy way

I did it in my Monsum 674 I cuted the cover of the chain locker in two pieces. Under the middle part of the front (looking to the bow), I puted a piece of inox (5 mm.) with the exact holes for the chain, screws for the engine, etc. This piece of inox it is attached to the border of the locker with screws (every 15cm) all over the section sealed with sikaflex. I did a hole in the recuted original cover of fiberglass to pass the head of the windlass. The order part of the cover can be open when you want. In that way you can remove the chain when it's holding up. The box of electrical conections (Diods) is installed inside the boat, in the front of the cabin. I did a hole in the front panel to pass the electrial cables to the engine of the windlass and to the manual comander. Then I passed the electrical cables (two big ones) by the tube who is inside the bilge. In the front cabin these cables goes under the starbord "bed" next to the water deposit. And in the stern the cables goes next to the engine conected to the fuse (75 amp)and to the engine batterie. It seems complicated but with a pictures you are going to undertand the process. The most expensive part was the piece of inox (150 Euros), the "fat" electrical cables (red and black)(I dont remeber the price but near 100 Euros) and the electrical commander for the windlass (75 Euros). Please tell me if you need the pictures. Good Luck Best regards Toni Fuster

Feb 11, 2008
Thank you so much for the information. I would love to have pictures describing your process...that would be very helpful. What kind, i.e., size and brand of windlass did you purchase? are you satisfied with it, or do you wish that you would have purchased a smaller or larger capacity one? Thank you again for your helpful suggestions. It is much appreciated!!

Feb 11, 2008
By the way, our boat number is 111...it is listed on the same web site that your boat is listed. Thanks again.

fuster

Sep 14, 2006
- - Portitxol, Palma Mallorca
Lofrans

My windlass is a Lofrans Airon 700 watts low profile. I think 1000watts could do a better job Lofrans web site is http://www.lofrans.it/english/intro.html This weekend I'm would take some pictures for you Salutations Toni Fuster

Status
Not open for further replies.