How much deck paint for my C-30 1983 is needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chip Willis

I was quoted $200.00 for a gallon (they do not sell a smaller amount) by a company Catalina suggested that would match my “Camel” color deck paint. How much do I need and can I get the paint that is close to the Camel color that is on the boat some where else? How important is matching the color? Do I need only a half gallon or less? Thanks Chip

J

John

Paint

I also have an 83 Catalina. When I had a Bristol 28 and painted the deck it took about a quart. I found that even with adding the fine sand to the paint it filled in the nonskid somewhat and made it slippery, and I had to paint again in 2 years. My 83 with the Camel color looks fine. Do you really have to paint?

C

Chip Willis

Well the answer to that I guess is

no BUT the deck paint on top of the cockpit cover is worn through in places and there are a lot of chips in the cockpit and there are some chips on the side decks. For $50-$75 or maybe even $100 I would re-paint as I will have the boat for about three more years and it would be worth looking at a nice cockpit and decks for that amount of time. I guess the cockpit bothers me most. Chip

Status
Not open for further replies.