How does galley convert to berth?

Aug 11, 2014
Lancer Lancer 30 Mk V Bodkin Creek/Chesapeake Bay
I recently purchased a 1984 Lancer Mk V C&C design, similar to the one shown here. http://www.boats.com/boat-details/Lancer-Boats-30-MK-V/110332721

I am smart enough to remove the pin from the mast support pole to drop down the galley table, but I don't know how you'd go about "filling in" this area to make it a large sleeping berth. The boat did not come with the requisite cushions you see stowed in this photo. Is there a stiff plywood panel that fits into place, with those cushions going on top? Does the galley table serve this purpose somehow? Thanks!

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
My L27PS has the same layout as your boat. The table drops down and rests on the edge of the seats port and starboard. Cushions are then placed on the forward side of the compression pole and the aft side of the pole.

Images attached

Attachments

Aug 11, 2014
Lancer Lancer 30 Mk V Bodkin Creek/Chesapeake Bay
My L27PS has the same layout as your boat. The table drops down and rests on the edge of the seats port and starboard. Cushions are then placed on the forward side of the compression pole and the aft side of the pole.

REPLY: Unfortunately, this is not the case on my Lancer 30 Mk V, after you remove the peg that holds the table in place, it will drop down all the way to the bottom of the floor, on the cabin deck, and does not rest on the edges of the seat. Do I need to place something under it to keep this from happening? I expect to see another hole in that post to place the peg to hold it at that level but no.