Honda 50 too much oil?

Jun 22, 2020
MacGregor 26x Bogue
Hi I have a 2003 Honda 50 that has oil coming out of dipstick. Early this year cleaned carbs with gas and sea foam worked fine after. Now I have oil flowing out dipstick. I am going to drain oil and put in new and check to see if engine warms at water discharge? I have ordered new fuel pump could be culprit? Anyone have experience this?
Thanks
Matt

Jan 10, 2011
Macgregor 25 675 Lake Lanier
I don't know about the outboard that you are talking about. However, most engines have a way to allow the pressure in the to escape from a tube(breather tube). The breather tube comes out of a valve cover on a car engine. On a car the tube leads back to the intake manifold and feeds the oil smoke back into the compression chamber to burn(eliminate pollution).

I don't know if anything I said helps with a marine engine.

Jun 22, 2020
MacGregor 26x Bogue
I have ordered new fuel pump however may have found problem. The incorrect thermostat was installed it was too big and when it was installed it would press down on thermostat causing it to be open all the time. Ordering parts I have found very hard to do like going through a corn maze. You don't know if you got the right part untill you have it in hand!!

Attachments