Holding Tank Gauge Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jesse Tate

The gauge on my tank first started to stick at about 1/4 to 1/2 full when the tank was empty. Now it sticks at about 1/2 with the tank full. I have used KO in the tank twice and have not used any other products (the problem started before using KO). The boat was new and delivered in May. Any ideas?

P

Peggie Hall/Head Mistress

You have a warranty claim...call your dealer

All the equpment on a new boat carries at least a one year warranty. If it's quit working in just two months, contact the dealer you bought the boat from to replace whatever failed...it could be the the sender, the light panel, or a faulty installtion.

C

Clayton Hintz

Mine too... Here is what I did.

The gauge on my 1998, 310 began to stick at the end of last season. I found that when I would bang the tank the float would move so I figured it was a mechanical thing with the float. I pulled out the float assembly and found that it was covered with calcium deposits to the point that the float’s movement was restricted. Cleaned and replaced it and it works fine now but I will probably have to do it annually. Peggy, is this normal to have to pull the sensor yearly? I hope not because it is not the most pleasant job. Clayton

P

Peggie Hall/Head Mistress

Depends on several things, Clayton...

In some waters, mineral deposit build-up is a major problem...in others, it's minimal or non-existant. Differences in body chemistry can also create more or less urine crystal and animal fat build-up. Float type sending units tend to clog up more than others, too. White vinegar dissolves mineral and urine crystals...try putting a cupful down the toilet once a week.

C

Clayton Hintz

Thanks Peggie...

I began the season with a dose of vinegar (after the sensor clean-up) and I will re-treat the system as soon as I can remember to bring the vinegar to the boat. Clayton

Status
Not open for further replies.