Help with searching

Apr 3, 2020
Hunter 23.5 Frenchtown, MT
I'm trying to figure out how to use the search function, and not having much luck. I want to know what people use and have good luck with for interior varnish. When I use the search bar at the top by entering "Varnish" I get a long list of threads with that word, but ALL the links are dead-ends. I also had this problem when I was searching for other things. So, what am I doing wrong? I am absolutely certain that wood finishes have been discussed to death so it's not really sensible to start another thread. Thanks in advance for the help!

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Hi Orbweaver, I just used the search box at the top of the page to search "varnish" and I only got one bad link, the others are okay.

When you say dead end, do you mean the link is broken, or the post doesn't exist?

If it's of use, there's also another search that I built that links from a different forum search form. It's at Advanced Search

It doesn't split out the individual posts as well but has some extra controls to narrow the search.

Apr 3, 2020
Hunter 23.5 Frenchtown, MT
Thanks Phil,
The message I get is "Oops, we ran into a problem" "Thread doesn't exist".
Not sure if it helps, but I use firefox. The advanced search seems to be giving better results. I'll use that and see what I can learn!

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
There are some threads that are indexed that don't come up in search, but it shouldn't be significant. If you run into any of those let me know the URL and I'll see if I can figure out why.

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
I’ve had strange behavior with the search function like that before, although I can’t seem to reproduce it now. Do you know if you use any kind of different DNS server or proxy that’s not just normal default stuff from your internet provider?

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
Try the search using the word "Mohawk." There have been discussions about what product to use on fading Hunter finishes. Mohawk was a brand that Hunter used, at least at the time I was looking. Others have Rx'ed Tung Oil, Liquid Gold and some other products.