Help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 6, 2005
- - Grand Prairie, Tx. Joe Pool Lake
Hello all, I am looking for a source for a starter for a Yanmar 2qm15 inboard. Any Ideas... I have seen starters on ebay advertised and newer stronger "reduction geared" starters for approx $249.00, I am worried that these may be pour long term substitutes for the original... any advice would be appreciated...

Sep 6, 2005
- - Grand Prairie, Tx. Joe Pool Lake
if I could...

Well if I had a local place to get that done... I would. The starter has sustained water damage... so it would need a very thorough rebuild.

L

Len

Part suppliers for Yanmar

I know of 2 Yanmar part suppliers in the Houston area. One is Blue Water ship store. The other is Marine Masters. I have delt with Blue Water for years. (They're within walking distance of my marina). They have a website. Just do a search for "Yanmar engine" and it should come up. I have a part book for the 2QM15. The part # for the starter is 124070-77010. But once you get a quote I think you will quickly start looking for a place to rebuild it. I priced an alternator once and it was over $900. Blue Water has a place that they send stuff to to get rebuilt. There should be some place up there that can do it. Good luck Len

M

Mark Taylor

Google up Yanmar parts

I use a mail order company in Chicago called Torreson Marine. They are a reputable Yanmar parts dealer.

Status
Not open for further replies.