hells gate

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 30, 2013
lancer l25 illinois
Hi I'm back . Just wanting some tips on the hells gate passage. And this sight is as informitive as my charts or active Capt I'm in a 25 lancer with 15 HP just in little neck waiting on weather for passage I've read a lot but most time its just general I don't know what craft they are in or hull speed
And either people say its a breeze or its horror stories. I'm 500 m in on my east coast trek and I don't want it to end here I must say also I taught myself to sail in July of this year so I'm still a newbie but even thought I've had knots from the boom been soaked in cape cod canal broken parts. Ripped sails. Lost charts I'm living my dream and everyday is a new adventure so if u could find the time to share your knowledge it would be greatly appreciated.
Crew of Njoy

May 30, 2013
lancer l25 illinois
No was not aware of that and I'll have to look on charts to c if I can my mast to water line is 32 ft
Does that mean I have to take the inside route or do they close it all down
But even though not what I wanted to hear thank u. Saves me being pulled over

harv

May 24, 2005
-Hunter -310 Forked River NJ
It's probably too late for this post.
Use the NY Harbor Tidal Current Charts. It gives you a chart of the Hudson River passages for each one hour flood and ebb change. Some of the other private publications also have this material in it.
The problem is choosing the slack water at Hell Gate to the currents flowing in and out of the passages (East River etc) to Hell Gate. When the current flows you wind up with standing waves.
Let us know how you made out.

Status
Not open for further replies.