Heater Webasto in HR 37

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 11, 2007
- - Bergen
Dear owners of HR 37! Have you ever had any problem with the Webasto heater in your yacht? What problem do you have? Stopping? Not starting? No full speed? Smoke? I would be happy for answer!! I am very happy with my yacht, but I have som problems with the Webasto! Greetings, Sail yacht Isa Marie, Bergen

May 28, 2007
- - Castine, Maine
Webasto

The Webasto is usually a very reliable heater. Ours has functioned properly for the past 4 years in our 2003 HR 36 without ever requiring service. Yours has something wrong with it and I'm sure a qualified Webasto dealer can fix it. Good luck.

J

Joe Zikas

Control Module

Sounds very much like a bad control module. Have had the same syptoms on my Coach.

Sep 19, 2007
- - Gosport
Dirty fuel

I found that my heater ceased after one long winter of use. Before this there was a lot of black smoke from the exhaust, and it would taker a number of turns on the controller to ignite the burner. We stripped the burner down on a pontoon and found it was completely choked with soot. Apparently the quality of diesel fuel supplied in the UK is considerably poorer than in Germany, and the poor heater soots up badly if used a great deal. The trick was cleaning, and then very carefully resassembling(!) Now after consulting Webasto, we turn the heater on full power for a couple of hours regularly even during the summer months to 'burn off' any soot. What they hate is constant use on a 'low setting'.

Status
Not open for further replies.