head hose

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

john little

removehtml]My friend in the ajacent slip has a 1985 Irwin 38CC. He is trying to replace the hose coming from the aft head which passes thru a PVC pipe leading about six feet forward into a bilge area where the thru hull is located. After disconnecting the hose we can't get the hose to move more than 8" in either direction. Anyone able to explain the restraint on the hose.Error: Error: expected [/URL], but found [/removehtml] instead[/removehtml]

Dec 8, 2007
Irwin 41 CC Ketch LaConner WA
John:

If possibal check to make sure that PVC pipe is not just short sections used as softeners through stringers and open in the middle, if so, Someone might have zip tied an electrical cable or another hose to the head hose and you will only be able to pull it so far. This happens quite often to me. I know it might seem imposibal to get to, but I doubt that hose is origional (23 years old)so has been replaced before. It might be visibal from the engine compartment. Dont you wish you had xray vision sometimes..;) Hope this helps, Good luck

J

john little

Thanks for the response. I'll pass it on to my friend who has been strugling with this for weeks. John

Status
Not open for further replies.