head holding tank build up

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gary

My 1986 Catalina 36 head seems to load up fast. We use the head maybe two or three days and its full.It probably needs to be cleaned out thourghly. I dread the thought of taking it out. Any suggestions as how to break up the material that seems to have solidified inside the tank,there by reducing its capacity? premature thanks...gary

M

Mark Kenyon

Holding Tank fill-up, C36

Are you sure the tank is partly filled with solids? Unusual unless you pumped out the water and left the solids to dry. Anyway, the capacity of your tank is used up rapidly if you are using several strokes of sea water every time you flush. Keep a gallon jug of mixed chemical and use it to flush urine. You only need a few cupsfull. For turds, use more chemical mix and flush with sea water as needed. The other possibility is that when you pump out, the tank is not getting completely emptied due to a clogged or partially clogged vent line. You'll also find that a gallon of white vinegar once or twice a season and at haul-out will keep lines clean and oders eliminated.

L

LaDonna Bubak - Planet Catalina

Better ask Peggie!

Peggie is our Head Mistress (better her than me!). Ask her directly in the "Head Mistress" forum. Good luck - ick! LaDonna

Status
Not open for further replies.