Head Ache!

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bob Fisher

My wife and I just purchased a 1983 Catalina 27. While on the boat over the week end the head stopped working. I assumed it was full and pumped out. the problem continued. The bowl will not fill. I have checked the gate and it is open to the sea. The lever is in the flush position. I believe the head is the original. The through hull could be plugged, any other suggestions? Thanks, Bob Fisher

R

Richard

two choices

I have become familar with heads lately rebuilding the one on my old 27 and the new 30. The through hull could have a marine organism growing in it (not likely) so you can just disconnect the hose and turn the sea cock on a bit. Have a plug handy just in the event your valve fails to shut off. Otherwise you need to rebuild the head pumping mechanism. They all have rebuild kits (expensive up to 60.00) or on some you can just buy the whole pumping mechanism for 20 to 30 more. Your choice. Good luck.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Ask in Head Mistress Forum

On this site you'll find a forum shared by a couple of oiur other sailing web sites: The Head Mistress Forum. It's all about MSD's and peggie Hall is -the best.- see what she has to say! ph.

Status
Not open for further replies.