Haulin' out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 12, 2005
Oday 25 Escondido, CA
I am looking to haul out my '76 for the first time. The previous owner couldn't remember the last time he hauled out and I have had it for over a year. I plan on taking it to a local boat yard and set on stands. I want to have all my supplies in order before I haul out to minimize yard $. I plan on replacing my swing keel cable, what parts do I need? My freeboard paint looks like orange peel and there are some deep scratches, how do I repair? Any reccommendations for bottom paint? Quantity? My rudder needs repainting also. Any other usefull info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Gerard

Nov 24, 2005
Oday 23 Middle River, Maryland
D & R

I replaced the swing keel cable on my 83' 23 footer, removed the swing keel and sanded and painted it with anti-fouling, replaced the Delrin pin, sanded painted the S.S. plates that hold the wedges in, re-fiberglassed the wedges, and painted the inside of the centerboard box as well as I could. Resealed everything with 3-M 4200 during installation. Several hours work, but I think it was worth it. I also added high density tape to the side of the centerboard box in hope of encouraging ease of movement. All parts from D & R. CVP

J

Jeff S

1985 26

D&R is the place for all your oday stuff, rudy is very helpfuland he has most stuff in stock. I used 1 gallon of botom paint for my 26 ftr gave me i coat with very little left over .

Status
Not open for further replies.