H386 Deck Light Replacement Bulb

May 19, 2016
Hunter 386 Boston
I need to replace the bulb for the deck light on my 2003 Hunter 386. I would like to go up the mast only once with the replacement bulb in hand. Does anyone know what the proper replacement bulb is?

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
If that is your fixture, what I would do is to send an e-mail to marine beam.com including the link above and ask them to select the correct bulb from their product inventory that will fit your fixture. That is what I did and I have been very happy with their LED products. In fact all my old incandescent bulbs are now their brand; interior, exterior, navigation, running, anchor, etc.

Dec 25, 2000
You are welcome. Is that your fixture? Please let us know how it goes.

Feb 6, 2008
Hunter 41 Punta Gorda
The fixture shown in the Westmarine URL is not your fixture. Yours is just like mine on my 2004 h41, I recognize the picture. It is a 12v sealed beam, like a head light. It is actually a tractor headlight. If yours is original you will see the number on the back. You can get them at NAPA. They are only $11 or $12. I believe there is an LED bulb conversion but I don't have any information on it.

Dec 25, 2000
What brand is the fixture, Hella, Perko, Aqua Marine,...? He is trying to avoid making two trips up the stick. Marine Beam may have an LED bulb that works for his fixture.

May 19, 2016
Hunter 386 Boston
it looks like s small sealed beam. It is the original and that is why I came hear to hear from someone with a Hunter of similar size and vintage. I do not think the bulb on the west marine link will work.

JamesG161

SBO Weather and Forecasting Forum Jim & John
Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
Hunter of similar size and vintage.
It is NOT the boat size and vintage but supplier of the fixture. Mine is HELLA too. If you look for this type bulb.
  • GU4 Base, MR11 Shape.
  • 20 watt
  • Outdoor/Marine service
  • Sealed
You can find your best replacement. I know that is the bulb for my HELLA steaming/deck light combo.
Here is the more light, less power, LED replacement
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B017K88TIE...UTF8&colid=F4YB2UW81A1O&coliid=I313AMEORLR52O
substitute the world LANDSCAPE with Marine/Outdoor.
Jim...

Feb 6, 2008
Hunter 41 Punta Gorda
It is not a GU4 base bulb. It is a small diameter sealed beam head light. There is no base, it snaps into place with plastic grips that is part of the fixture. There are leads inside the fixture that are screwed to the sealed beam with a phillips head screw. I would like to give you the number on the bulb but I don't remember it.

Feb 6, 2008
Hunter 41 Punta Gorda
Boston,

Go to the NAPA web site and check out a replacement bulb LMP 4405 for $16 and some change. I believe that is the correct one but I can't garuntee it. I replaced mine in February of this year and the bulb was $10 and some change at the NAPA store here in town. They had one in stock.

Butch

Tengu

Aug 6, 2012
Hunter 410 East Tawas, Michigan
Boston,
I have a 1998 410 and seem to have the same light fixture. As it happens my light burned out yesterday! If you confirm the correct replacement please post it and maybe save me a second trip aloft.
Here is an image of mine.

image-3134085424.jpg

Dec 25, 2000
Last edited:
Mar 5, 2013
Hunter 45CC Lake Erie, Sandusky Bay
2008 45 CC. the bulb has two screws to attach the wires, on the back of it. I can attach a picture tonight, if it will help. My light looks exactly like yours.