H36 Battery Charger replacement

dph123

May 1, 2012
Hunter 310 Poulsbo
I have a 2004 H36 and am looking to replace the battery charger with a newer model. I am looking for recommendations. I have two Group 27 12V and 2 HD 6v batteries. I have a solar bank that charges the batteries fine in the summer, but it won't keep up in the cloudy NW. I don't draw a lot of power -- just a fridge, lights, fans, and nav gear. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Sep 22, 2009
Hunter 36 Seattle, WA
I have a 2004 H36 and am looking to replace the battery charger with a newer model. I am looking for recommendations. I have two Group 27 12V and 2 HD 6v batteries. I have a solar bank that charges the batteries fine in the summer, but it won't keep up in the cloudy NW. I don't draw a lot of power -- just a fridge, lights, fans, and nav gear. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Following

Sep 26, 2008
Hunter 44 Middle River, MD

Thanks
I would suggest that you look at Victron from eMarine.

Jan 5, 2017
Hunter 356 SF Bay / Delta
I replaced the old charger on my 356 with a Kisae ABSO AC-1240. I have a similar battery setup with 2 group 27's and 1 group 24.

When I bought it a few years ago the pricing seemed much better on these than the ProMariner units.

Dan_Y

Oct 13, 2008
Hunter 36 Hampton
Our '07 h36 came with a version of a pro mariner. I called pro mariner and ended up with a new pronauticp1240 40a charger similar to the one a few posts up. I gave them the serial number of the old charger and the sent me one for less than i could buy it anywhere else. After 5 seasons it still works great.

Feb 6, 1998
Canadian Sailcraft 36T Casco Bay, ME
As the links I provided say, the Sterling and the new ProMariner are essentially identical units.
Virtually the same only the ProMariner ProNautic P costs a LOT more. We are dealers for both and sell about 20:1 Sterling ProCharge Ultra over the ProNautic P. Both have the same 5 year warranty.. For example we can sell the ProCharge Ultra 12V 60A for $493.00 and the ProNautic P 12V 60A is $839.99. That's a $346.99 premium for the ProMariner sticker.

You can see the pricing differences here: https://shop.marinehowto.com/t/battery-chargers

Apr 8, 2011
Hunter 40 Deale, MD
Bought the Sterling ProCharge Ultra 12v 60a charger from MaineSail to replace my OEM ProMariner ProTech 20 (30?) amp charger on my 2009 H36 when I replaced the PO's two 4d batteries with Fireflies. Its fully programmable for the Fireflies, and has worked great. No regrets. I did have a professional marine electrician install it since some wiring and fuses needed upgrading due to the higher amperage and it was beyond my competencies. That added considerably to the cost, but was well worth it for a critical - and high amperage - system on the boat.

Good luck.