Grohe galley faucet o-rings and washer for 1990's Hunters

Feb 10, 2004
Hunter 40.5 Warwick, RI
Grohe no longer supports the old faucets used in the mid-90's larger Hunter boats. My galley faucet has a swiveling spout that leaks badly. The o-rings are metric and I can't find a source. Plus on a similar model faucet that I use for seawater there is a small white flat washer-also unavailable.
Does anyone have a source for these o-rings and washer? Or at least just metric o-rings that I can buy a few and not a hundred? I have tried the nearest sized SAE o-rings and they don't work. And I have searched the web for sources of metric sizes and can't find any without buying a boat-load.

The faucets look like below:
2015_0829_160516.JPG

Feb 10, 2004
Hunter 40.5 Warwick, RI
I believe I did with no joy. But I looked in so many places I can't remember for sure. I will check them again.

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
I am guessing that the metal washer is the contact surface that the O-Ring seals against.
If true, just flip the washer.

I have the same type faucets on my boat. No leaks so far.

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
A bearing supply place like Motion Industries can probably help.. They will usually sell in ones or twos, but may be a bit pricy .. I see they have a place in Warwick.. Take the old parts with ya. The washer is probably the thrust bearing that the spout rests against when installed; that might have to be fabricated .. or as Jim says, you can "roll your own" O-ring.

Rick D

Jun 14, 2008
Hunter Legend 40.5 Shoreline Marina Long Beach CA
I was at ACE Hardware today and they had a whole display of metric O-rings. FYI

Jul 19, 2007
-Hunter 1995-40.5 Hunter Saint Andrews, New Brunswick, Canada
Rich, can you give me a size that you need. I have whole box of different sizes and I believe their all metric since I live North of the Border so to speak. If I have them, I can stick them in an envelope and send them to ya.

Feb 10, 2004
Hunter 40.5 Warwick, RI
I appreciate the suggestions and the offer to send me o-rings. Let me see if another Ace Hardware had what I need and if not I can try making the right size. Since my flat washer is destroyed, maybe I can make one that will fit. The fact that it is missing now could be why the faucet is leaking so badly. I will get back here if I need more advice.