Great Loop Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 21, 2013
Macgregor 26M N Topsail Beach, NC
Has anyone sailed the Great Loop in a Macgregor 26? Opinions on the suitability of this boat are welcomed. I purchased a new 26M earlier this year and hope to make this trip after I become thoroughly acquainted with the boat.
Also, The California factory has closed. No more Macgregor 26 boats willl be made there. Where are people getting their spare parts, etc? Is there a source?

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
If you're interested in this, I am sure you are also aware of this

http://www.greatloop.org/

They have a forum there that might help you as well as a list of boat members.

To answer your second question, most of the parts you need for a boat, any boat, can be found in chandleries or hardware stores. Find out what may be unique to your boat and find out where or how you can get replacements.

Feb 16, 2011
Macgregor 26X Michigan City, IN
There are some Mac owners on the Macsailers site lining up other Mac owners for support/advice if necessary. :D

Has anyone sailed the Great Loop in a Macgregor 26? Opinions on the suitability of this boat are welcomed. I purchased a new 26M earlier this year and hope to make this trip after I become thoroughly acquainted with the boat.
Also, The California factory has closed. No more Macgregor 26 boats willl be made there. Where are people getting their spare parts, etc? Is there a source?

Status
Not open for further replies.