Fwd. hatch replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

g9334

Dec 18, 2005
- - DeBary, Florida
Has anyone replaced the hatch over the V-birth. I cannot make out the name of the Mfg. Mine is missing the struts, leaks from a crack in one corner, and looks like someone cleaned it with paint thinner. Arrrrrrrrr !!! Someone should have been keel hauled for that!!!! Fair winds, g9334

P

Paul C.

Hatch replacement

My S25 is a 1979. The original hatch on my boat was built with wood and lexon by Seidelmann. Unless Seidelmann started buying standard hatches in later years, I am guessing your hatch was replaced once. I would recommend taking measurements and finding a standard hatch built by Bomar or some other company.

J

Joe Payea

Hatch Replacement

I replaced both hatches on my 30T a year ago. The only reasonably priced hatches that would fit were Bomar. The forward hatch was about 24"x 24" and cost about $500+. The Mfg of the original hatches is out of business. Siedelmann seems to have used non stock sizes on a lot of things on the boat.

g9334

Dec 18, 2005
- - DeBary, Florida
Hatch replacement

Thanks to all for the input. I think that is what is on the very faded/UV'ed label (Bomar). Fair spring winds to all. g9334

Status
Not open for further replies.