Forum List Question

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Mk II Barnegat, NJ
Hi Phil,
I use the Recent Activity button to bring up threads to read and I also use the "Forum List" to look specifically at the "Catalina" forums to see if I missed any threads that have slipped past my attention.

To save having to scroll down past the other boat specific forums I'll collapse the forums I'm not interested in viewing. However, when I look at a forum, then return to the Forum List, all of the forums show in expanded view again.

I thought I found a work around by collapsing the forums and then bookmarking the site but that doesn't leave them in collapsed view either.

I've played with a custom forum but it appears I can only have one custom forum and Recent Activity shows my custom forum. Sounds like I'm looking for two forum views. Recent activity for all forums and Catalina Only forums.

Any ideas on how I can save the precious seconds :)biggrin:) I spend scrolling and collapsing?

thanks much

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
You could go into the Catalina forums and click the Watch Button. Then use the Watched Forums link to see just those forums that you’ve selected.

• Helpful

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Mk II Barnegat, NJ
That appears to be what I was missing and didn't dig deep enough to find.
I set a couple of forums to watch and bookmarked Watched Forums and Recent Activity Forums. That appears to do the trick.
Many thanks David!

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Yes, @Davidasailor26 has a very good idea there! That should work. Also, Custom Forums should allow you to select any number of forums or if I recall correctly, the entire Catalina forum group. If it's not doing that let me know.

I do recall that the expand/contract option defaults to expanded. I'll check around to see if the developer has added an option to remember the settings.

On an almost-related topic, Xenforo has released version 2.2 with some cool features in it. I hope to have that installed before summer and it may cure some of these weird bugs. Or not.