First of 4 panels

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
Nice little sailboat stitches. Be sure to show the finished product when you're done.

Right now I'm trying to devise a cover for the hatches. Sailrite has a video for hatch covers, but neither I or the other person who tried their pattern it had much luck

Dec 29, 2021
Catalina, Tanzer C 22, 16 10910 Starr SC
How were those done ?
My wife and I took measurements, looked at as many pictures of interiors as we could find, and then made it up. I bought a sewing machine that was capable of more than I am (my wife would not let me use hers). I've now taken up sewing as a hobby and I'm learning as I go.

Mar 20, 2015
C&C 30 Mk1 Winnipeg
My wife and I took measurements, looke I bought a sewing machine that was capable of more than I am
So the machine does whatever pattern you design ?

I have a old commercial singer needle feed machine, that unfortunately only does straight stitch.

I am looking into a zigzag because the local sail guy may have retired and I need a headsail restitched

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
I bought a sewing machine that was capable of more than I am (my wife would not let me use hers). I've now taken up sewing as a hobby and I'm learning as I go.
That's like asking someone to borrow their boat!

Dec 29, 2021
I started out looking to spend about $100 on a used HD machine and ended up spending 1,000 on a used Janome 8900. As per designing my own pattern, yes and no. I have to work within the confines of the available stitches (over 200) but can combine them into a sequence that I design then save them in a folder on the machine for other projects.

Attachments

Mar 20, 2015
C&C 30 Mk1 Winnipeg
@Light air

Nice machine. Over $4k new so you got it for a good price. Based on what I could find online it is meant for quilting so I assume it can't do thick Dacron like a heavy duty walking foot unit ?

Dec 29, 2021
It has a walking foot that matched the bottom dogs in movement, an 11" throat, and a foot that can be raised higher than normal so, with the right needle and thread, it should work. It can also do several layers of denim so I think that dacron should be fine