Etiquette pet peeves

May 12, 2004
Hunter Cherubini 30 New Port Richey
My grandchildren cannot even read cursive.
You may not even be able to read my cursive handwriting and we were taught cursive in elementary school in the fifties. Those nuns were unforgiving. Of course, being left handed does not help either. :facepalm:

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
did you mean "good writing is never presented with disjointed speech syntax"
Anguish Languish

A fue here have OFTEN AsKed Me Why I use STuff SinTAx to Azzist da Reederrs.

So and EggSample fer u....

Wants pawn term, dare worsted ladle gull hoe lift wetter murder inner ladle cordage, honor itch offer lodge, dock, florist. Disk ladle gull orphan worry putty ladle rat cluck wetter ladle rat hut, an fur disk raisin, pimple colder Ladle Rat Rotten Hut.

Wan morning, Ladle Rat Rotten Hut’s murder colder inset

Nov 30, 2015
Hunter 1978 H30 Cherubini, Treman Marina, Ithaca, NY
I’m almost there, but missing a few words. “Once upon a time there was a little girl who lived with her mother in her little cottage, …“ I’m gonna leave the next line for @jssailem to finish. It’s not clicking for me…

RoyS

Jun 3, 2012
Hunter 33 Steamboat Wharf, Hull, MA
My public school education was always behind the times. I was taught how to use a slide rule while calculators were readily available. I was taught cursive and penmanship but not typing. To this day I use maybe four of my ten fingers to type and I look at the keys, not the screen. I was taught how to write a check but not how to invest. When I was an apprentice electrician I was taught vacuum tube operation from old black and white Navy movies shown with an ancient reel to reel movie projector. This was long after transistors had replaced vacuum tubes. Maybe there should be term limits for school teachers, maybe five years or so. FBI is probably still teaching blood type screening, but not DNA screening. Hard to keep up.

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
My public school education was always behind the times. I was taught how to use a slide rule while calculators were readily available. I was taught cursive and penmanship but not typing. To this day I use maybe four of my ten fingers to type and I look at the keys, not the screen. I was taught how to write a check but not how to invest. When I was an apprentice electrician I was taught vacuum tube operation from old black and white Navy movies shown with an ancient reel to reel movie projector. This was long after transistors had replaced vacuum tubes. Maybe there should be term limits for school teachers, maybe five years or so. FBI is probably still teaching blood type screening, but not DNA screening. Hard to keep up.
And you use sails long after steam engines have been invented. :biggrin:

Last edited: