Electric start conversion info to a Honda bf8ah la pull start

Nov 19, 2018
macgregor m25 puerto vallarta
Happy New Year Folks ! I have done some searching for information here on how to go about converting my Honda bf8ah la pull start to an electric start & have found nothing so far so I thought maybe someone on the forum could offer some suggestions,including where to buy a kit ( if such a thing even exists) or direct me to a thread explaining the details. Thanks in advance for any help !!

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
Not familiar with that engine, but if electric start was optional on that model, your local Honda marine guy should be able to help with the parts. Hold on when you see the price, though. Probably a new starter holder casting, a good bit of wiring harness, probably an upgraded alternator and maybe a new flywheel as well.. Might be easier to find a good used one that has electric start, switch the appropriate parts and sell the leftover engine..

Nov 19, 2018
Thanks for the reply,good food for thought since I have no idea what price range a conversion like this would run !

Nov 19, 2018
Good morning Joe & thanks for the info ! Checking into this further leads me to believe that this project would be too pricey for me & I'd still have a 34 year old motor so I will probably buy one with electric on it'Thanks again Joe !