• Mobile App For Android Now Online!

Download it here. The app is searchable in the Google Play Store under Sailboat Owners.

Sorry iPhone/iPad users, we are still waiting on Apple. :(

Click the X in the upper right corner to make this go away

Does anyone know of a tool sold to help re attaching "lift the dot" fittings on my dodger?

Jan 18, 2016
Catalina 387 Dana Point
And if you don't wanna put out the $$$$ for the tool, sailrite has much less expensive "hammer it into a block of AL" tools. Depends on how many you want to replace.

I've done hundreds. A decent tool is nice. A whack-it into a stop works for a few.

eianm

Jul 7, 2010
Hunter 42 Sydney
Sorry guys- i was misunderstood- i want a tool that will help me pull the female onto the male post - it seems my sunbrella must have shrunk a bit and the fit is now super tight- its really hard to pull the canvas out far enough to click the female down onto the male post- surely someone must have developed a simple tool to assist with this most common problem???

Jan 29, 2010
Hunter 38 Ocean Gate, NJ
Sorry guys- i was misunderstood- i want a tool that will help me pull the female onto the male post - it seems my sunbrella must have shrunk a bit and the fit is now super tight- its really hard to pull the canvas out far enough to click the female down onto the male post- surely someone must have developed a simple tool to assist with this most common problem???
Did you wet the canvas? Sometimes that will loosen it up.

Oct 1, 2007
Hunter 44DS Pt. Judith
I have a tool that has a fork on one end, and a flat surface on the other end. Works great for the snaps you describe. I also have a ton of them on my dodger/enclosure.

Jun 1, 2009
Hunter 49 toronto
I have a tool that has a fork on one end, and a flat surface on the other end. Works great for the snaps you describe. I also have a ton of them on my dodger/enclosure.

get a pair of vice grips, and install blocks of 60 durometer jaws

Feb 8, 2014
Columbia 36 Muskegon
There is a tool for that. I think I saw one at WM when I worked there years ago. You could probably make one from a putty knife, cut a notch in the end to slide under the head of the snap. I use something similar on the tonneau cover on my truck. Be careful though, you could pop the head off the snap if you push too hard.