disable request for push notifications

Jun 11, 2004
Oday 31 Redondo Beach
How do I permanently remove the request to enable push notifications? I have clicked on "never ask me again" many times but still most of the time I log in it asks me to enable push notifications. I don't want them.

Thanks

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
Is this on a smart device or lap-/desktop? Most of the times if it keeps asking you to do the same thing all the time then either a cookie is corrupt, a cookie is blocked, or your cache is full. Try clearing your cookies for SBO and also clear your browser cache. Let us know what your results were.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Yes, what Brian says! In your browser settings there should be a place where you can search for cookies -- probably under the Privacy section. Search for this: .sailboatowners.com (note the "." at the beginning)

Delete all the cookies that come up in the search (make sure you delete only SBO cookies). You'll have to login again and it may take a couple days for the forum to remember what you've read and haven't read. but that should clear up the problem.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Whenever you clear SBO cookies, you'll also lose the cookie that tells the server not to display the push options. That's the most likely cause.

Jun 11, 2004
Oday 31 Redondo Beach
Whenever you clear SBO cookies, you'll also lose the cookie that tells the server not to display the push options. That's the most likely cause.
Well, that sounds like it makes sense.

But in your prior post you said make sure you delete only SBO cookies.

So I guess I'm confused.

Don't get me wrong, I can live with the way it is but it would be nice to not get that message.

Thanks

Dec 2, 2003
Hunter 260 winnipeg, Manitoba
The reference from Brian and Phil to clear the SBO cookies was in case the cookies were corrupted and incorrectly saving your settings. Sounds like the request to disable push notifications are stored in your cookies. Your issue is then arising because It sounds like you regularly delete all your cookies - thereby also deleting your request to stop push notifications.

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
Sorry we confused you. We should have asked if you were clearing your cookies daily. Apologies. As said by TWalker H260, see if you can use an add-on that will allow you to clear your cookies as you like, but keep some that have formatting information. For FireFox, I use an add-on called Cookie Auto Delete. It clears cookies but keeps those I have exempted from deletion.

Jun 11, 2004
Oday 31 Redondo Beach
Brian, not your faults. I am too easily confused by some of this new fangled inernet stuff!

I'll see if I can find something to delete all the cookies except SBO's.