dingy

jmczzz

Mar 31, 2013
O'Day 26 CB New Orleans
I've been away for 10 yrs now so my local knowledge is dated. Ocean Springs is an upper scale town. Use to be possible to find a bargain slip to sub let from a water front condo. Gautier and Pascagoula blue collar moderate slip rates. Long Beach on the West side of the MS coast has some bargain slips as does St Louis Bay, between Long Beach and Bay St Louis.
Biloxi’s Back Bay also is a good area with an industrial canal and a river for hurricane holes.
James

Sep 15, 2009
S2 9.2a Fairhope Al
I've been away for 10 yrs now so my local knowledge is dated. Ocean Springs is a upper scale town. Use to be possible to find a batgin slip to sub let from a water front condo. Gautier and Pascagoula blue collar moderate slip rates. Long Beach on the West side of the MS coast has some bargain slips as does St Louis Bay. Between Long Beach and Bay St Louis.
Bolixi's back bay also is a good area with an industrial canal and a river for hurricane holes. James
thanks thats what i was looking for

Mar 20, 2012
Cal 34-III, MacGregor 25 Salem, Oregon
did you add the bow cleat? If so some detail if you please.
James
The boat comes fitted with a stainless bow eye... its a u-bolt in the stem of the boat as is normal on small boats... if the dinghy you end up with is a rigid hull and does not have a bow eye, lowes carries stainless u-bolts of the size you need.
I personally dont think there is any real need for a cleat on a dinghy, But a bow eye is necessary...

Jul 23, 2015
catalina 2-34 oregon
Good for you. My lady when I met her had the 10' version. Nice boats. I put a 6hp Johnson on it. With 3 people (the seller, my lady and I), the boat was over loaded. 450 lb 3 person max load range. I am almost 200 lbs my lady is like 130? (I don't ask) the seller was about 120 (16 year old kid). Then add the 50-60 # motor and fuel, we were well over.

Well, the boat did okay, went slow but, was better than rowing. When I put this same motor on the 10' inflatable, the inflatable was much faster and cruised at a much better speed. This is with another 200 lb person on board and my 30 lb grandson, full fuel and motor. Got a wet butt. Uncomfortable. No room even with the same size boat.

Pro for the walker bay, nice seating and room. Comfortable. The sale, sails and sailing gear for these too.
Pro for the inflatable, stable, good cruising speeds, no fear of tipping it over when rescuing a person.

ForumRunner_20150827_165304.jpg

ForumRunner_20150827_165326.jpg

ForumRunner_20150827_165341.jpg

Jul 23, 2015
catalina 2-34 oregon
ForumRunner_20150827_170326.jpg

ForumRunner_20150827_170341.jpg

I had to do searching but, did find a couple of pictures. For emergency retrieval of "man overboard", I would rather use the inflatable. For just cruising back and forth doing island hopping, I think the walker bay is the better bet. Espically with the sail attachment. I have not finished rigging up the sail yet. The dingy stores nicely on deck of my boat also, never tried the walker bay.

ForumRunner_20150827_170816.jpg

Attachments

Feb 24, 2009
Beneteau 36cc Fort Myers
If you don't mind paddling, you can buy a NEW Sea Eagle inflatable kayak for $2/300 (ebay). Good carrying capacity, no storage problem, save $$ on outboard. Had a WB8 with NEW motor - tippy low capacity, low in the water. Gave it away and sold motor for half.