Dinette table Mac 25

Nov 5, 2014
MacGregor 25 St Marks FL
Previous owner removed the table from the cabin of my 85 Mac 25. I would like to restore the interior to more of a stock configuration. Could someone with stock layout post or send me some pics of the table layout, dimentions and mounting hardware etc? I would appreciate any help with this project. PO also removed the bulkheads that enclosed the head area as well. How is the Bulkhead secured to ceiling and outer Hull? Photos are very helpful for me to try to figure this stuff out.

Sumner

Jan 31, 2009
Macgregor & Endeavour 26S and 37 Utah's Canyon Country

RussC

Sep 11, 2015
Merit 22- Oregon lakes
I could take some photos etc tomorrow.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2017
MacGregor MacGregor 25 Middle River
On my 1985 Mac 25, the bulkhead is not secured to the outer hull, but to the ceiling and the fiberglass at the bottom of the bulkhead, and the wood piece under the mast and the one next to the V-berth, with simple angle brackets.

Mar 26, 2014
Macgregor 25 Kaw Lake Oklahoma
I think I might have an extra table from parting out a Mac 25. I'll look tomorrow

RussC

Sep 11, 2015
Merit 22- Oregon lakes
We put my dad in the hospital today so I may be delayed a bit on the info. Just a couple days.

RussC

Sep 11, 2015
Merit 22- Oregon lakes
OK. the table is supported by two angle brackets at the back. the bolts in the table are secured with wing nuts so you can easily put the table down if desired, to make a bed. the front is held up with the aluminum tube, which just sets in place in the wood blocks, top and bottom.. I made a new table top for ours several years ago, but as I recall I did use the old one as a pattern, so dimensions should be correct as originally made. 26.5" wide. forward edge is 32" and rear is 33 3/4" (angled at the back edge).
P1060900.jpg
P1060898.jpg

As to the divider, I was just about to cut my old one up for firewood the other day but must have gotten side-tracked, so you're in luck ;) . One of the main reasons you see them taken out is so you can extend the v-berth so actual full size adults can sleep there ;) . different ways to accomplish this, but in my case I added a hinged board so it can be raised to access storage. very handy and I would never go back but priorities vary depending on your needs. the original divider was just held in place with a couple small angle brackets and bolted along the bottom edge. left edge of original panel is 33" high. it's 22 5/8" wide along the bottom edge.
hope this helps. We LOVE our Mac. ;)

P1060901.jpg
P1060897.jpg

Nov 5, 2014
MacGregor 25 St Marks FL
Thank you, this is very helpful. Just what I needed to see. Thanks. What would be the postage on that bulkhead to Florida? Are those screws or rivets holding the angle irons to the hull liner?

Last edited:

RussC

Sep 11, 2015
Merit 22- Oregon lakes
Thank you, this is very helpful. Just what I needed to see. Thanks. What would be the postage on that bulkhead to Florida? Are those screws or rivets holding the angle irons to the hull liner?
More than it's worth for sure. the panel is warped and not in that great condition to begin with.
The angle brackets holding up the table are pop riveted to the hull liner, yes.

Feb 20, 2011
Island Packet 35 Tucson, AZ/San Carlos, MX
They're rivets.
Pretty much just copy the layout you see on the dinette seats' edges relative to the hull, and that'll give you the angles needed for the table top.

Nov 5, 2014
MacGregor 25 St Marks FL
Understood. I think I gave the wrong impression as to which bulkhead I was looking at reinstalling it would be the aft head bulkhead that forms the seatback for the dinette. I agree the fore head bulkhead doesn't need to be there. Thanks for the reply

JP-M25

Dec 1, 2018
Macgregor M25 Safety Harbor Florida
Hi, I just took off both of my aft bulkheads pieces of wood. Let me know if you'd like me to send you a traced pattern. I have an 83 M25.

I'm also redoing my dinette table. I didn't think of using screws to attach to the starboard wall, My plan is to use wooden dowels.

RussC

Sep 11, 2015
Merit 22- Oregon lakes
We found the seats to be real back killers because the backs are so vertical. so added an angled section which made a huge improvement to comfort. I also added a section to the rear seat, which hinges up to access drawers that we use for dry clothing etc.
P1040960.jpg
P1040958.jpg

P1040957.jpg

Nov 5, 2014
MacGregor 25 St Marks FL
a tracing of the aft bulkhead (that forms the seatback for the table ) would be very helpful, and most appreciated.