Diesel Heater for H49/50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 4, 2004
Hunter 49 123
I would like to install a Wallas 40 or a similar type diesel heater on my h49. Have you installed a similar heater or was it installed at the factory? Where was heater installed and how did you rund the heater outlets?

I do have space heaters but worried about the power going off during the night and do not use the heater when not aboard.

Thanks

V49
http://www.wallas.com/campaign/us/campaign.php

Sep 15, 2006
Hunter 44 Shore Point Marina, Pine Beach NJ
we have a 44' hunter and had a Huricane II, Hydronic heater installed, four zones, it keeps the boat warm at 70 degrees, we live aboard in NJ, the factory, Hunter, would not install so the marina we kept the boat at installed it.

Jun 4, 2004
Hunter 49 123
Kurt, I got it..... it seems that the hydronic system requires more connections/equipment than the air units. Thanks. V49

May 22, 2004
Hunter h41 San Francisco
If you go with a diesel heater I strongly recommend the Hydronic type. Much more efficient and much easier to install. I had the air type and the ducting must be very large in diameter where as with the hydronic you only need a water hose running to where ever you need heat.

Having said that what I currently have on my h41 is reverse cycle air conditioning units. These are great. I have two installed on my boat. Works great as an air conditioner during the summer and as a great heater during the winter. Much preferable over the diesel heater.

Sep 15, 2006
Hunter 44 Shore Point Marina, Pine Beach NJ
I also have the reverse cycle, but when the water freezes the units do not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.