Davits H34

Jul 4, 2015
Hunter 34 Menominee, MI; Sturgeon Bay WI
Hi;
Has anyone installed davits on their H34?
What did you use and are you happy that it has helped in your cruising activities?
I have a 9" soft wood slat floor dinghy with a 4HP Torquedo I will be towing.

Thanks. Ilan

Sep 22, 2009
Hunter 36 Seattle, WA
On our H36 we installed (removable) Forespar davits. Highly recommend!

Mar 20, 2011
Hunter 31_83-87 New Orleans
Here are pics of a H34 in a nearby marina that installed davits for dinghy. Not my boat but took pics for when I get around to doing something similar for my H31.

Attachments

splax

Nov 12, 2012
Hunter 34 Portsmouth
Have you considered installing an arch and mounting the davits there?

Jul 4, 2015
1+ for https://www.oceanmarinesystems.com/

We met Mike the owner of Ocean Marine Davits this summer, and the man is extremely knowledgeable about davit design and load considerations. We're ordering a set this winter with him.
Here are pics of a H34 in a nearby marina that installed davits for dinghy. Not my boat but took pics for when I get around to doing something similar for my H31.
Thanks for the pics; will look them over. Ilan

Jun 5, 2004
Hunter 44 Mystic, Ct
I recently installed Ocean Marine Davits on my H44. Very very satisfied and as others have said, Mike is a pleasure to work with. He has a wealth of info on specific Hunter designs and stayed in contact with me throughout he installation.

Attachments

Apr 21, 2014
Hunter 356 Middle River, MD
Installed Ocean Marine Davits over a year ago and are very pleased with them. Worked with Mike to get the configuration that I wanted and worked with our Hunter 356. Got the extended length that allowed higher mounted position that keeps the dinghy up away from the water and allows me to scoot under it if the center is down. We have an Achilles 9'6" plywood floor and it works great for it. Also use the right davit with 6 to 1 block to lower the 6 HP Tohatsu for ease.

If big seas or if in slip (due to size) we store the dinghy on the deck, but on an extended trip it is on the davits and that has made travel and storage much more enjoyable, not having to worry about the dinghy and theft or towing.
Jeff
LegaSea OcenMarineSystem Davits.jpg

Jul 4, 2015
Thanks; I think I'm heading that direction. Thanks for taking the time to post pics! Ilan

Aug 23, 2011
Hunter 31 Georgetown, MD
Greetings all,

I installed Garhauer marine davits on my H31 for supporting my solar panel.
It looks a lot better than the SS tubing and fittings that I was going to use.

A little background:
I needed a battery charger for my dual battery bank. I could buy a charger and plug in to shore power or I could INVEST in a decent panel, controller and proper mounting for the solar.
To me, it only made sense to use solar. Since I'm only weekend sailing at this point and I don't connect shore power to the dock during my absence, it was a win, win.

I haven't tried lifting or carrying my inflatable dingy, so I don't worry about weight. That really wasn't the intention of the davits anyway. I'll update this comment if I ever do carry my inflatable.

Three years and so far its been working out great!

Good luck
Mike

Attachments