cruising

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 31, 2004
Oday 322 St Clair Shores
Attached is a website with some well-written and photographed "cruises" made by some people in their Wayfarer (similar to a CL-16) which is close in size and weight to my H170. The photo essays are inspirational and I wondered if anyone has tried some extended trips on their smaller Hunters (146, 170, 216)? I may try some longer outings this summer - maybe 8 - 10 hours - don't know about overnights in big water.

Oct 2, 2006
Hunter 170 Kentucky
Interesting site

David, That site is nice. I have been thinking of doing something like that this season. The site just gives me more inspiration to do it. Thanks for the info. Tim

B

Benny

Combine the two disciplines

of sailing and backpacking and you can coastal cruise in a small boat. I would consider it double the fun. Forget about overnight passages in big water, the idea is to sail 20-25 miles during the day and beach the boat and prepare camp by dawn.

JerryA

Oct 17, 2004
Tanzer 29 Jeanneau Design Sandusky Bay, Lake Erie
Island Trip

I did a day sail around South Bass Island in 2005 on Lake Erie. About 7 hours. It would have been fun to have stayed on the island overnight (hotel) and then sailed back the next day. It was already a Sunday, so that wasn't going to work for us. Camping on the beach from a 170 would be fun, as long as you didn't get knocked down and loose all your gear. I'm selling my 170 so that I can go a little bigger (Precision 23) to do some overnighting with a little bit of comfort. I like to think of it as going from a tent to a pop-up camper. JerryA

Status
Not open for further replies.