correct size spinnaker poles

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Ken

Our Y-25 was equipped with a 1" spinnaker pole track and 1 7/8" pole slide, but it has no spinnaker pole what is the correct size pole and pole ends we should use.

L

Lyn

just measured mine 78 y-25II

Ken, just measured my pole it is 11 Feet O.A.L.(overall length including pole ends) and a 2 inch Diameter. nothing unusual, standard pole- my pole was manufactured by Forspar. take a look at the picture of the poor mans bowsprit thread in this forum for an idea of what belongs on the ends. You want wider openings to ease taking the pole on and off of sheets and mast during jibes. the one on my bowswprit would be to restrictive. Check out the Forspar website for more info. Happy hunting!

Dec 20, 2005
- - Penticton
spinnaker pole length

Your pole length should equal the size of your J - on my Yamaha that would be 9.8 ft. However your spinnaker may have a larger than standard girth in which case you should measure the girth of your spinnaker and then divide it by 1.8. That will give you your spinnaker pole length and gives you the best fit for your spinnaker, and is also race legal should you decide to do so. If your pole is too long or short for your spinnaker you will not be able to fly your spinnaker efficiently. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.