Convection/grill/microwave oven access and perhaps replacement

Bogart

Mar 13, 2018
Hunter 45CC Queensland
We have a 2007 45CC with a Tappan TC1450SB oven. The microwave function of the oven seems to have failed, in that trying to operate it shuts off the circuit switch on the shore power panel. There is a cover panel holding the oven in place, with a catch/latch of some sort which you can see on each side of the cover panel. Has anyone managed to work out how to remove the cover panel? It looks like you need to push something into the catch/latch.

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
The latches are just push in and pull out and I have same thing and yes it is not easy
but it does just need pulling and have other pieces of wood to cover openings or covering my chain plates.
They are plastic and do stick some times but I took mine off to replace my Microwave also.
Nick

Bogart

Mar 13, 2018
Hunter 45CC Queensland
Thanks for that Nick. Just had to find something to get behind the panel to pull it out. Now for the task of repairing/replacing the oven. Happy sailing.

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
Did you try unplugging and replugging back in to try to reset and was told this by some one
and try using a rag and some kind of pry bar and may need extra force not been done for long time.
NICK