compression fittings-- ARE TINY!

Jul 13, 2015
Catalina 22 #2552 2252 Kennewick, WA
of course the manufacturers video shows them assembling the largest fitting of all time-- and of course I just purchased the smallest they make for 1/8 wire:

Wow these little guys are hard to manipulate-- futzed around for a loooong time but finally the got the feel for it. Also confirmed why I hate my forestay-- measured it tonight and it is 2 inches short relative to the published spec.... bring on the weekend.

IMG_2329 (1).jpg

IMG_2331.jpg

IMG_2339.jpg

IMG_2326.jpg

Mar 20, 2015
C&C 30 Mk1 Winnipeg
Thanks for these rigging posts. Our c22 may still have it original standing rigging, and have been debating about replacing the CDI furler with hank on setup.

Visual inspection each year and so far it looks ok.

Jul 13, 2015
Catalina 22 #2552 2252 Kennewick, WA
@Leeward Rail pretty sure mine are some version of stock with a few hack attempts thrown in just to keep me on my toes. I'll snag some before pics as I get ready for the next phase, but forestay is literally 2+ inches short-- back stay definitely no as noted they made their own chainplates on the transom. Meat hooks galore at the fitting ends -- year #1 was make it float, year #2 keep it floating and fix the trailer this is rigging season.

Jan 23, 2015
catalina catalina22 Trailer
of course the manufacturers video shows them assembling the largest fitting of all time-- and of course I just purchased the smallest they make for 1/8 wire:

Wow these little guys are hard to manipulate-- futzed around for a loooong time but finally the got the feel for it. Also confirmed why I hate my forestay-- measured it tonight and it is 2 inches short relative to the published spec.... bring on the weekend.

View attachment 179032

View attachment 179033

View attachment 179034

View attachment 179031

Jan 23, 2015
catalina catalina22 Trailer
Im Glad to see ya got it. I have tried to tackle one of them on my day sailor which is a smaller, hard to get the cable in the slots...