Companionway Hatch Failing

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jonathan Wells

The companionway hatch on my 27 is failing. It has cracks all along the flanges that fit under the teak runners. Do you know where I can replace it, or at least how to repair it? Jonathan

J

Justin - O'day Owner's Web

Two thoughts

Jonathan, Two thoughts for you: Firstly, Call Rudy Nickerson at (508)644-300 [thank Tom for the number, I had lost it]. I have never dealt with him directly, but I know several people who have and have been please. He may be able to get or make the part for you. Secondly, consider learing a little bit of glass repair and doing it yourself. Check out www.westsystem.com for a lot of good information of procedures to follow. I am also a fan of their epoxy system, though there are other good ones out there. Justin - O'day Owner's Web

J

Jonathan Wells

West System is the way

Justin - Thanks for the steer to the west system site. They have an amazing level of information there. After reading that site, I have decided that this repair is within my abilities. I am going to muck around first on some less obvious areas before tackling the hatch, but it doesn't look all that hard. Thanks for saving me a load of cash. Jonathan

Status
Not open for further replies.