Comments on the Catalina 250 Wing Keel

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Alan Therrien

My wife and I are very interested in purchasing a new Catalina 250 wing keel. This would be our first brand new sailboat. Is a 10% discount from the retail price of a new 1999 model a typical asking price? We are also interested in any comments regarding current owners satisfaction, or dissatisfaction, with their purchase of the 250 wing keel model. Please feel free to send any comments to me at AlTherrien@msn.com Thanks

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
check owner reviews

In the 'boats' section of this site you'll find three o1 Good luck! p.

M

Mark Melchior

"Retail Price" doesn't exist

When I was negotiating my C250wb last year, I learned quickly that Catalina publishes no "sticker" or "retail" prices for their boats. And, there isn't a Consumers Reports for boats that will tell you markups and dealer cost. This certainly gives the dealer an initial advantage in the negotiations. My suggestion: shop around. You may benefit from calling dealers in your region or adjoining regions. I would have paid much more for my boat (ordered from the factory) had I not received competitive bids from other dealers. You can email me at marktm@flash.net if you want more information. The truck driver that delivered my boat from the Catalina factory told me the COD cost for my boat (and a sistership C250 wing keel delivered on the same trailer)

Status
Not open for further replies.