cockpit scupper repair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 24, 2010
Seafarer 26 Union Springs, NY
I need some advice about repair of the connection between the cockpit scupper and the transom where it ought to drain. When I pour water down the drain I hear the awful sound of it trickling into the bilge. A few hard rains in a row could sink this boat!! If I look down the scupper I can see a stick that I have poked into the transom drain hole.

I'm looking for advice about repairing before I stick it in the water. I am on the verge of purchasing the boat but need to have this fixed to steady my nerves for the deal.

Thank you.

Sep 30, 2010
Seafarer 26 Tampa
cockpit scuppers

The scuppers in the aft corners of the cockpit drain through flexible lines to thur-hull fittings right below the deck drains.
here is a photo of a gutted 26 undergoing a refit.
http://seaknots.ning.com/photo/900123:Photo:26774?context=user
this is looking aft and the two curling line going from the deck to the hull are your scupper lines.
If they are cracked or come loose the water will go straight into the bilge.:cry:

hope this helps

Dan

Sep 24, 2010
Seafarer 26 Union Springs, NY
Thanks Dan

The scuppers in the aft corners of the cockpit drain through flexible lines to thur-hull fittings right below the deck drains.
here is a photo of a gutted 26 undergoing a refit.
http://seaknots.ning.com/photo/900123:Photo:26774?context=user
this is looking aft and the two curling line going from the deck to the hull are your scupper lines.
If they are cracked or come loose the water will go straight into the bilge.:cry:

hope this helps

Dan
Thanks for the information. I finally figured out that you have to crawl through the lazarette to the back to see these hoses. I've replaced them and happily watched water I poured in come right out the drain.

Thanks again.

Nov 24, 2010
Seafarer 26 Ruskin
Re: cockpit scuppers

Hey Dan - just found this site and I also have a seafarer 26 in Ruskin. Thanks for the picture of the cockpit drains. I have had no problems but will check mine this winter. Good sailing. See ya in the bay. Deb

Sep 30, 2010
Seafarer 26 Tampa
Hi Deb - Wow there are more of these around Florida than I imagined. I look forward to meeting up with you. Maybe out at Beer Can, I'm moored at a friends house just up the road in Apollo Beach.

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.