360 Vancouver Island 2020 Cruise Closed SEE 360 Vancouver Island 2022 Cruise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Lots of islands around here that we could circumnavigate; Skagit, Gedney, Hope, Jack, Shaw, etc., etc., etc.

Nov 21, 2012
Yamaha 33 Port Ludlow, WA
We are pretty new at this so just about anything is bound to be an adventure.

May 7, 2012
Hunter e33 Maple Bay, BC
OK I know it’s not around Vancouver Island but we did manage to sail around Saturna this week. Two nights in Narvaez Bay then a great sail out around Boiling Reef and up to Winter Cove. Back to Lyall Harbour in the morning.View attachment 178696 Two other boats with us.
View attachment 178697 View looking East from Narvaez. Cliff side on Saturna, Patos Island, Mt. Baker with it’s head in the clouds and the N.W. corner of Sucia Island showing to the right.
View attachment 178698 Boat Passage into Winter Harbour. Can be a little tricky with rocks and currents to 6 knots.
Michael, you’re not suggesting that you took (or have ever taken) your Beneteau through Boat Passage. Tell me it ain’t so.

Apr 5, 2009
Catalina '88 C30 tr/bs Oak Harbor, WA
That's about the only way I'd ever get a trophy. Hmmm.
I don't know, I have taken 2nd in class twice and on one of those occasions I got 3rd overall. I got 3rd in the Whidbey Sprint two years ago which is the 1/2 way race from Deception pass to Possession point. The Catalina 30 is not what you would call a race boat but we still likes to hike up her skirts and boogie once in a while.

Jan 5, 2017
Beneteau First 38 Lyall Harbour Saturna Island
@Hello Below , I started going through Boat Passage when I had a Bucaneer 240 and have taken every boat I’ve owned since through at one time or another. Biggest so far was a Cooper416. It’s pretty straight forward once you’ve done it once.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Looks like you are having some fun Michael. Still hoping to get out of this sequester and venture north. You guys should have some nice weather for the next couple of days. Even some nice winds.

Jan 5, 2017
Great sail today, John. From Narvaez Bay straight out past East Point to the border then tacked and made Boat Passage. Started out at 2 knots but ended up at 6.5 so it was a great day on the water!

Jan 5, 2017
:biggrin:Great fun and a first for me. Border patrol/RCMP pulled along side for a paper check. First time in 66 years of boating.

YVRguy

Jan 10, 2013
Hunter 34 Vancouver, BC
Sadly, our circumnavigation of Van Isle is nixed this year also but on June 20 we are heading to Princess Louisa Inlet. Not such a bad consolation prize. We have checked with various marinas and it sounds like moorage, fuel, water etc. will all be available where needed. After some hard lessons I'll be stocking up on Goslings rum in Vancouver as it's hard to find once we're away. A Dark n Stormy with anything else is just sacrilege.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Well said. Yes it is sad about our postponement. Who could have imagined the change that has taken place in our lives.

I believe a good idea never dies, it just is reprioritized. We will just have to learn to live with this new format. It is beyond belief that the Canadian / US border will be closed forever.

"We will rise from the ashes..." "I will be back"... and all those other cliches. We will reschedule this event some how some way. There is just too much potential fun in this idea.

Enjoy Princess Louisa Inlet Take pictures. Share the beauty. That too is a future cruise for me.

And I would like to sip a Dark n Stormy Monday with you @YVRguy.:beer:

Apr 5, 2009
Catalina '88 C30 tr/bs Oak Harbor, WA
June is the best month for PLI. The weather is warm, and the falls are much more spectacular than in July or August. We had a spectacular spinnaker run most of the way up.

May 7, 2012
Hunter e33 Maple Bay, BC
It is beyond belief that the Canadian / US border will be closed forever.
Forever! :yikes:

Darn well better not stay closed for much longer this year! I have an unused $165 (USD) Washington State Marine Park permit sitting down below. That’s worth somethin’ like $9,000 (CAD). I got some catchin’ up to do I want to tell you.

Status
Not open for further replies.