360 Vancouver Island 2020 Cruise Closed SEE 360 Vancouver Island 2022 Cruise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Fam got me a Garmin 178C Sounder for my bday in 2005. It came with my choice of a data card that contained all charts (about 150) that covered all of Puget Sound north to the top end of Georgia Strait. A year or so later I bought a second data card that contained all charts from Everett, WA to Alaska and the west side of Vancouver Island. I’ve been using these ever since and find them to be very accurate in every respect. I keep the Garmin mounted at the helm for waypoint and routing input while underway.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Plan is to be in Roche Harbor for the Rendezvous.

Who knows what the governments will be allowing May 1, but we are looking forward to discussing the 360VancouverIsle 2020 adventure.

YVRguy

Jan 10, 2013
Hunter 34 Vancouver, BC
Reading the news this morning I sorely wish it was a little later in the year. I would be glad to drop everything right now and start my trip today, leaving all of this madness behind. Sailing. The ultimate social distancing. :)

Dec 25, 2000
Just hunkered down here. Did go out Friday and yesterday for some essentials. Local Costco was out of TP Friday. Staff said to come back tomorrow when the store opens. They restock each night. Store hours 9:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Arrived at 8:45 a.m. only to find a very long line of shoppers. Got my spot and noticed the line doubled in length in just a few minutes.

Store opened 30 minutes early, so once in I made a bee line to the back of the store where they keep the TP. Got one and noticed a huge stock of bottled water, plus all the shelves that were mostly empty Friday were full yesterday. Impressive!

Government schools closed through April 24. Still plan on working (contract fill time) delivering food to the schools for parent pickup, and other assorted duties, but unsure as to what that will be.

Interesting times, for sure. I like Michael's idea of sailing being a great way to get away from all this madness.

Oct 22, 2014
I just found this beer in the local store. Fellow said they just got it in. Either it is a Corona inhibitor or a way to distract while stuck at home.
1584305244784.jpeg

Dec 25, 2000
Do not know, Michael. We’ve been told that our last day of school before all this began will remain unchanged. Whatever turns out will be what it is. District is working to accommodate our contract work days with fill time, which is undefined at the moment. Hope to find out more tomorrow.

Oct 22, 2014
Hope to find out more tomorrow.
Good Luck... Couple of retired friends who were happy with the market 20% higher have suggested they may want to reenter the work force. So let us know what is happening with the bus jobs. Any openings...

Oct 22, 2014
I'll need to move or find a place to live.
Maybe on a boat...
Is Washington allowing immigrants?
With snotty nose and coughing? It is a sanctuary state right?

Jul 27, 2011
Bavaria 38E Alamitos Bay
At this point it appears doubtful that Admiral and I will be coming to PNW in June. :( If there already, however, we’d likely be in.

Oct 22, 2014
I’ve been watching the developments. Not much to do about this. Kind of what rankles everyone. Self Control is being taken away for the greater good.

Currently we are not permitted to enter Canadian waters. They say there is a 15 day quarantine on visitors. My intuition says sailing around Vancouver Island at this time is not an essential activity in the eyes of the CBSA.

I’m going to work towards this pandemic finding a solution by June and that we will be able to celebrate with our cruise.

But it will be one day at a time. Keeping healthy and taking care of family.

dLj

Mar 23, 2017
Belliure 41 Sailing back to the Chesapeake
True that - I just hope this virus and response doesn't screw up this trip. I've been planning on it since last year by accruing vacation time. Have run it by my manager, and all the other channels that need be in work. The US just doesn't understand taking a month long vacation.

dj

Status
Not open for further replies.