360 Vancouver Island 2020 Cruise Closed SEE 360 Vancouver Island 2022 Cruise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 27, 2011
Bavaria 38E Alamitos Bay
Sounds to be an awesome adventure! We’re looking to be in BC again next summer for some bareboating. I hope there will be a chance to join up for at least some portion of the circumnavigation. :)

leo310

Dec 15, 2006
Catalina 310 44 Campbell River BC
John I was thinking. What if we start the trip after the Catalina Rendezvous at Roche Harbor as we mite get a few more boats.

leo310

Dec 15, 2006
The date is the first weekend in May but that has to be confirmed later next year.

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
June 17 is our last work day, that is assuming no snow days. Last year we had seven snow days to make up, which pushed our last work day to June 27.

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Last year was the worst snow year in my memory. Lots of it. Perhaps the snow well is empty for this coming winter. One can only hope.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
I was told it only snowed last year because Les and I wanted to go sailing.

Hoping the weather got that out of its system.

What could go wrong sailing a couple of months in the summer?

Jul 27, 2011
Bavaria 38E Alamitos Bay
Surfing the web, I’ve noticed (so far) a few accounts of sailors who have completed the circumnavigation of Vancouver Island. No big issues reported but it’s about a 750 n.mi. cruise taking, in one report, about 10 weeks. It (the amount of time) naturally depends upon the lengths of stays among the various sites that are “overnighted.” I wonder how long a flotilla of yachts could remain “assembled” over that distance with so many variations for excursions ashore. Still, it looks to be an awesome opportunity and adventure.:)

leo310

Dec 15, 2006
Sounds like July/Fogust will be the time frame. Most of the inside trip up to Campbell River normal wind are light to none after that should be no problem Johnstone Strait winds 5-35kts.

Jan 5, 2017
Beneteau First 38 Lyall Harbour Saturna Island
I wonder how long a flotilla of yachts could remain “assembled” over that distance with so many variations for excursions ashore. Still, looks to be an awesome opportunity and adventure.:)
I think we could split up in all the inlets as the mood takes us and re-assemble for the outside passages. Freedom to explore and safety for the open ocean.

Jul 27, 2011
Bavaria 38E Alamitos Bay
Sounds like July/Fogust will be the time frame. Most of the inside trip up to Campbell River normal wind are light to none after that should be no problem Johnstone Strait winds 5-35kts.
That’s 5 to 35 out of the NW, correct? I was there in Johnstone in mid-August ‘17 making our way up to Lagoon Cove from, I believe, Jackson Bay, passing by Port Neville. It certainly was windy that day, but only in the low 20’s, out of the NW—dead ahead! Awesomely beautiful environs. Well worth it!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.