Chain Plates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 14, 2013
Lancer 25 Lake Hartwell
Two problems I am still struggling with.. The last thing I want to do is button this boat up without checking the side chain plates.. I cant seem to get them loose.. They look like they have been replaced in the past. The mast also looks new for a 1979 Lancer.. The tabernacle is bent pretty bad so I am wondering what happened and was the repairs made proper. The chainplate looks like a 1/4 inch SS upside down L with a piece going thru the deck and a bolt thru the hull holding it in place.. The other problem is the potty.. How does it come out.. I removed the 2 screws in front that holds it down but it is still stuck.. A 2 inch pipe in the back and a 1/2 inch vent line is all I can see..

Attachments

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2007
Lancer 25 SoCal
Good morning Little Dipper. I'll take and post pictures of my chainplates. My chainplates are internally inbedded in fiberglass. My intention is to possibly move the chainplates outboard, thus removing the deck hole (one less source of leaking) and giving me more room to move along the deck. Also, SS will corrode in a non-oxygen environment.

The first time I attempted to step my mast I bent my tabernackle so I replaced it and added a halyard organizer with one from dwyer alumimum

https://www.dwyermast.com/items.asp?cat1ID=20&cat1Name=masts&familyID=41&familyName=DM-450+Mast

Attachments

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2007
Lancer 25 SoCal
Good afternoon Little Dipper. I exposed my starboard chainplate yesterday discovered that the lower nut had completely been corroded away. Lancer did a major disservice by covering all deck hardware behind not only the head liner, but behind fiberglass as well. SS should never be left in a non-air environment!

I'm using a Milwaukee 12V Cordless M12 Multi-Tool to cut away the fiberglass and the battery ran out before I could finish yesterday evening.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.