centerboard binding - follow up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 31, 2004
Oday 322 St Clair Shores
I wanted to follow up on my previous post about my 170 CB binding. I contacted Hunter and Lind in customer service was very helpful. As I understand it, a small percentage of the newer 170 CB's have a swelling (delaminating?) problem. Lind shipped one of the redesigned CB's to me within a couple of days and gave me simple instructions about how to replace my CB. I hope to get up to the lake next weekend and so I can tackle it when I pull it out for the winter - is it that time already? :-( I'll give a progress report.

D

Denny McDevitt

I have Center board problems too

My center board had been binding, but I thought I had some debris in it. Finally, today, it would not lower at all. What were your boats symptoms? Did you have this problem before you contacted Hunter?

Aug 31, 2004
Oday 322 St Clair Shores
CB symptoms

What alerted me to the problem was that I had difficulty raising and lowering the CB, to the point that it sometimes took two adult males tugging on it. It was worst during the first third of lowering and then the last third of raising it back up. I pulled the CB this weekend and found a small crack near the screw where it attaches (see photo). This is easy to check out by climbing under the boat while it is on a trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.