Center board stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shannon

Hi there, I'm very new to boating and my question relates to a boat that I'm considering for purchase. The center board is immovably stuck inside the keel. I've heard that this won't affect me too much as a novice sailor, but I'd like to hear some other opinions. Cheers, Shannon Ross

Apr 11, 2007
Grampian G-26 None yet
Everything can be fixed

I'm new to sailing myself, but am not new to the mechanics. My forst thought is that everything can be fixed. It's just a case of how much efort and money you're willing to put into it. My G-26 has a foxed keel so I can't specifically comment on the details of how to freeup a swing keel. I did however read just lastnight in a G-26 manual that I downloaded that they figure most often the keel is stuck due to foreign debris. So it may just be a case of getting into it and doing a good cleaning. As for sailability I don't think I would want to take it out on any large body of water, some of the smaller lakes in ontario might be good. If it were me, and the boat was a good deal I would buy it with the ultimate goal of fixing it properly. Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.