Catalina 25 V-berth "skylight"

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wright Sizemore

The Catalina 25 has a piece of plastic that fits flush in the foredeck and serves as a skylight for the V-berth. Does anyone know a source for this piece without making it? A piece cut out of 1/8" plastic is not as strong as the original which is made from 1/4" plastic with the edge cut down to 1/8" all around.

G

Gary

skylight

Although I have a 36 Catalina, I did do some skylight work on it. The results were BETTER than faactory. What I used was Lexan 3/8 inch. That will withstand a 300 pounder doing foredeck work in any conditions. I had it cut and beveled by TAP plastics. I drilled it (slowly) and placed it on the forward hatch. It truly looks professional and all the other fleet members like it. Cost was $60 for the lexan. Screws sealant etc was another $10---------worth every cent. Hope this helps Gary

L

LaDonna Bubak - Planet Catalina

TAP Plastics

Gary mentioned TAP Plastics. They can do almost anything with regard to plastic & usually at a resonable price. I'd give them a call to get a quote - there should be one located in the nearest large metro area. Good luck! LaDonna

Status
Not open for further replies.