catalina 22 tiller

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jkleid@bestweb.net

Just visited with a friend who has a catalina25 -his tiller has a beautiful upward curve that clears the knees, unlike my 22 which is almost a straight stick compaired to the 25. Has anyone adopted such a tiller to the 22? it seems like a beautiful and functional solution if it can be done. thanks for your suggestions. I saw the "fix" of being able to lift the tiller, but I'm looking at better than that.

L

LaDonna Bubak - Planet Catalina

West Marine

West Marine sells a variety of tillers that would probably fit your boat. I know one of them has a beautiful upcurve to it so maybe that's the one your friend had. If it doesn't fit precisely, you could probably rig something to make it work. LaDonna

B

bob maccormac

tiller

have you tried west marine they have several different varietys of tillers

D

Doug Ellis

H&L Woodworking!

hi there...purchased a new tiller (the kind you describe) from h&l a couple of years ago. They supply tillers for catalina. Also paid them a little extra to add a few more coats of varnish....a beautiful tiller! About $40.00 their ph..323 686 1718

R

Rico

conducting a bend yourself

One way for the home tinkerer to conduct a bend in wood is with fabric softener. I routinely bend smaller boards, dowels, and other trim items for my renovation projects using this technique. Find and apropriate length and diameter PVC tube and cap off one end. set it upright and place the wood to bent in it. Then fill it with fabric softener and let it soak for several hours, depending on the densityand diameter of the wood. When pliable, use a bar clamp and a board and peg template to apply the curve to the wood. Feel free to request more detailed info if this idea interests you. --Rico

Status
Not open for further replies.