Capri 22 National Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rick Beddoe

Anybody have info on the Capri 22 National Association? Searching the web I found the name of the person who is supposedly in charge of this. His name is Dan Mattaran and he is in Sarasota, FL. I know another Capri 22 owner who actually sent the $15 to join and never heard from them...and no one cashed the check. If you have any info about this, please share. Otherwise, what would it take to get this thing going again? I'd even be willing to head up the resurrection as I just bought a Capri 22.

B

Bryan Sperling

LOOKING ALSO!

I have also posted a request for Capri 22 association information. My sail # is 646. I raced in the NOOD Regatta in Galveston Last fall on a Catalina 22. I would love to trailer my 22 down there in the future if we can get enough boats to make up a class. It was great fun and close competition. My E-mail address is bsperlin@email.usps.gov in case you are able to get any further with your search than I did. I had gotten the name of a man somewhere in the Midwest I believe, but another Capri owner who writes on this site said that name was no longer valid. Would love to hear more about your boat.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Check the links page of this site

You'll find links to all the national associations we can find, C22 included. You can use the pull down navigation menus at the bottom of this page.

R

Rick

Capri 22',26'

Aloha Rick Beddoe: I realize I am not answering your question but I live in an isolated place. I have a buyer for my cat 22 wing keel & would like a bit more performance from a similar boat. I was told by a salesman that capri boats are cheaper. Was he giving me a line. I am wondering about capri-fin keel,tall rig. Since it seems you are the closest thing to an official capri web site perhaps you can help? If this happens then I will join your site. Mahalo rick,kailua-kona, hawaii

R

Rick Beddoe

Capri boats

Aloha Rick, The Capris are generally cheaper because they are more purpose built for performance. The Catalinas have a bit more creature comforts and are much more versatile. The Capri 22, for example, has a huge cockpit and small (but usable) cabin. The Catalina 22 on the other hand has a smaller cockpit (though still large) and a larger cabin. With that said, both boats are built by Catalina but (I'm told) the Capri is built a bit stronger. I also know that it is pretty hard to find a decent Capri 22 (I finally found one after looking for almost a year) whereas you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a Catalina 22. As for Capri 26s, they're newer boats and have similar creature comforts to a Catalina 250. I am still researching the Capri 22 national association. So far, it seems that there isn't one and I will be pursuing creation of this personally. If that happens, you will find information about it on this site. Mahalo Rick Beddoe

R

Rick

capri22',26'

regarding my note yesterday about the difference in catalinas & capris. I put a similar request on the small boats forum a few days ago. If you have a moment your thoughts would be appreciated in response to that question.

P

Phil Walker

Capri 22 Association

You might contact Wade Behling, wadenorth@softcom.net

Status
Not open for further replies.