Capri 18 Anchor & Steaming Lights

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Ernie

I'm going to take advantage of the winter months here in VT (when I'm not skiing - think SNOW) to install anchor and steaming lights on the mast of my 1989 Capri 18. I would really appreciate any information about the space between the liner and the deck at the mast step, best way to route wires back to the panel which is located to starboard of the companionway, etc. Though the breaker panel has switches for an anchor and deck light they (the switches) are not wired. The existing wiring for cabin, bow and stern lights are molded into the fiberglass but I see no leads that might "dead end" between the liner and deck as is sometimes found on the Catalina 22. I have info re: PCV schedule 20 and installation procedures/recommendations from Catalina Direct and am ready to get to work in my nice warm basement. I have a Jonhson 6 HP Sailmaster charging the battery and wish to prepare for night sailing/steaming on Lake Champlain in the coming season. Don't be shy; any information, insights, recommendations, etc. will be greatly appreciated! HO, HO, HO, and by the way, HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL.

E

Erik

Cap 18 mast lights

Hmm. I thought all Cap 18s came with mast lights (my '93 does). Anyways, the manufacturer places a multi-pin connector on the deck, forward and to the right of the mast tabernacle. The wiring passes through the deck, into the right (starboard?) compression post. From there, I don't know exactly how the wiring is routed, but I could look for you. The mast has three lights: a top 32 point light (360°) for anchoring, a mid-mast 20 point range light for use while under power, and a foredeck illumination light under the mid-mast range light (in the same housing). You can probably get all the OEM hardware from Catalina Direct. BTW, don't use the top light while underway, power or sail. And while underway under sail only, use the bow r/g light and taffrail white light only.

E

Ernie

Capri 18 mast lights

Erik thanks for your reply. YES,...at your earliest possible convenience, please let me know how and where your wiring returns from the compression post to the electrical panel.

E

Ernie

Message for Erik

Erik Please don't forget to get back to me re: wiring routed back from the mast via the compression post to ...

Status
Not open for further replies.