Cabin Production Access Hole Covers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 15, 2007
Catalina 27 Tall Rig Lake Wabamum, AB, Canada
I spent a good part of this now (lament) passing summer (Ooh Canada) restoring a Mac 26D I purchased in May. One little product it took me some time to track down were the hole plugs (locking hole plugs)that fit into the production holes in the cabin roof allowing access to bolts etc for top side gear. I found lots of places selling plugs in every colour except white or cream, and many that would happily sell me a minimum batch of 1000 at a time, which seemed like overkill for my 8 or 9 missing hole plugs. I eventually found a place on the Internet that will sell one piece at a time if that is all that is desired. Thought I would share their coordiantes as it took me a solid three days of contacting various on-line product sales companies before I could get the right size plugs, color and didn't need to buy more than needed. Their link is: www.non-ferrousfastener.com

May 4, 2005
Macgregor 26d Ft Lauderdale, Fl
or bwy

you should have asked here, and saved time..... blue water yachts sells them... about .25 each all sizes. bwyachts.com anything else needed?

Apr 15, 2007
Info now available in archive

Thanks Mr. Bill. Goal of having information on accessing these plugs now searchable through MacgregorOwners.com achieved! Didn't find any previous discussion on the boards using lots of word combinations. Hopefully we have now filled this information void. anything else....tsk, tsk... as a new boat-owner I appreaciate the rhetorical question (vs what-next?) ; ' ) Cheers.

Apr 15, 2007
Info now available in archive

Thanks Mr. Bill. Goal of having information on accessing these plugs now searchable through MacgregorOwners.com achieved! Didn't find any previous discussion on the boards using lots of word combinations. Hopefully we have now filled this information void. anything else....tsk, tsk... as a new boat-owner I appreaciate the rhetorical question (vs what-next?) ; ' ) Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.