C22 New Style "Stormwatch" Purchase and Refit

Bilbo

Aug 29, 2005
Catalina 22 Ohio
Really ? I hope @hawk232 still sailing something. His C22 looked great.

Based on forum software not accepting his user ID as a tag, I can only guess he is no longer a SBO forum member. :(
Hello folks just checking in. I haven't been on forum for some time and was visiting Leeward Rail's C-22 bulkhead mods. Looks like good work.
I did that mod a long time ago and mine are still holding up really well.

Mar 20, 2015
C&C 30 Mk1 Winnipeg
Well.. Saturday was a sad day.

Our Catalina 22 has been sold.

I fully expected to finish all my planned improvements and keep that boat for a long time

But, after bashing my head too many times, and noticing that we never trailer the C22....Last fall we ended up buying a C&C 30 without really planning to.

I then figured we would keep the C22 until at least next year. That way we could sail her in the LOWISA this August.

Alas fate took over. A sailor who drove 900 miles to buy a different boat,.didn't like it, and after looking around local marinas, made us an offer.

I likely could have got more for her in the spring, but the new owner will clearly take good care of her, and well...bird in the hand as they say. :frown::oops::):banghead:

Whomever said that the happiest day in a boat owner's life, is the day they sell her..was clearly wrong. (Depending on the boat)

• Wow
Sep 30, 2013
1988 Catalina 22 North Florida
Well, congratulations and condolences! "Congratulences"?

Pics of the C&C are required. :thumbup:

Grotto

Feb 18, 2018
Catalina 22 Wilmington
Enjoy your 30….! Who knows you may just get the joy of stepping back down to the 22 some tIme in the future. Once a 22 sailor always a 22 sailor. Fair winds and following seas.

Mar 20, 2015
C&C 30 Mk1 Winnipeg
Enjoy your 30….!
Like most boats that are "ready to sail", I have been "enjoying" doing a bunch of overdue maintenance.. :biggrin: bought her last fall and still haven't launched.:oops:

Once a 22 sailor always a 22 sailor.
I suspect you are 100% correct there. If it wasn't so much work having 2 boats and maintaining them, she would still be ours.

Alas, friends can no longer say we have a fleet. :laugh: