Bug netting for entire cockpit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 8, 2004
- - Vancouver, BC
I am trying to find a system for covering the entire cockpit with mosquito netting. Wasps have ruined many a summer night. We have a full cockpit enclosure to drape it over or attach it to. I am thinking of modifying a gazebo enclosure with velcro. Ideas?

W

Wright Ellis s/v Whiskey II

So, how picky are you?

Surplus stores, Campmor and related folks carry mosquito netting by the yard. Cut and sew a 4 sides-plus-top configuration. Suspend it using the enclosure and weight the sides using drapery weights.

S

Steve

Bug netting for entire cockpit

Consider talking to your local bimini/dodger company. They'll do a top-noth professional job. Yes, it will cost more, but consider: Easy on/off, long life, looks, effectiveness. If you're of the mind that the cockpit is the most important part of any boat . . .

Jun 8, 2004
- - Vancouver, BC
cockpit dweller

Yes, not only am I a cockpit dweller, but my domestic skills are of the take-out food, sheltered workshop variety. Will see how this goes...

T

Tony

screens

I had a full enclosure made for my 340 ( in Annapolis by North sail people)and two sides and the back panel zip out and have screens to zip in great in evening out with some light in cockpit otherwise stay in the dark or go in! looks great... costly but.. worth it on boat like yours t

Status
Not open for further replies.