Broken Mast seat swivel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 20, 2005
- - Chatfield Reservoir
I recently purchased 1 1975 Balboa 20 CSTEOO14M75E and I am the 3rd owner. Today I noticed a crack on the mast hinge seat where the bolt holds the mast onto the boat. Please help me find a part that replace this cracked part. Thank you! It is held on to the mast by 4 rivets on each side of the aluminum mast.

P

Paul

Re: Broken mast seat swivel (step)

If I understand your description, I believe you are refering to the mast step (also known as a tabernacle?) that is mounted to the cabin top. If I am correct, you can obtain a replacement unit from IDASailor Marine for $98.00 as of 9/15/05. You can reach them via sailboat@idasailor.com or 1-866-400-2204 or (208) 375-2204. In addition to the step, they also produce a mast foot that attaches to the base of the mast and rests inside the step when the mast is raised. If you order both pieces at the same time, there is a savings, plus, they will drill the tang in the foot to match the ears on the step. Hope this helps. I just had to order the foot and found Joel to be very helpful. Paul.

Status
Not open for further replies.