Broken Mast Head

Sep 12, 2018
Catalina 22 Westerly
I was doing a final inspection of my mast in preparation for launch next week and discovered my mast head is broken. The broken part holds the cotter pin with the aft stay so I can't go sailing without it. I've looked on the CatalinaDirect website but my boat is a 1975 with an oval mast. There is no price or order here button for the oval mast heads. I can't call them until tomorrow but was wondering if anyone else had this problem before. The other company I was told to check out is Dwyer Mast in Bristol RI. I couldn't find the right mast size on their website and I can't call till tomorrow. I was ready to launch on Tuesday, I just want to go sailing! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

Jul 5, 2005
Beneteau 361 Sandusky Harbor Marina
I think i still have an oval-shaped mast head that came (presumably as a spare) with my C22. Not sure why it came with my C22 because I have a flat-sided mast, but I'd be happy to let you have it for a reasonable cost once I confirm where I left it.

Sep 12, 2018
Catalina 22 Westerly
I think i still have an oval-shaped mast head that came (presumably as a spare) with my C22. Not sure why it came with my C22 because I have a flat-sided mast, but I'd be happy to let you have it for a reasonable cost once I confirm where I left it.
Thanks! That would be great. Haven't been able to find to many out there and if I buy the whole mast its looking like more than I bought my boat for...

Jul 5, 2005
You're more than welcome. I'd be happy someone can use it. Just gotta put my hands on it. I think it's in my garage somewhere. I'll check it after work today.

Jul 5, 2005
Found it. You'll notice the forward pin is missing, but otherwise looks complete. the sheaves should likely be replaced. Send me a message with your email and we can work something out. Let me know if you want other pictures. I can ship it out today if you like.

Attachments